Thursday, June 14, 2012

Homemade Ranch When You Are Out of Everything

I am becoming the queen of just adding something else into a recipe if I don't have the ingredient that I think should go in!  I wanted to make homemade ranch and imagined that it should have lemon juice and dill.... and other things.  I didn't have dill and was out of lemon juice :(  The dill ranch recipes that follows gets 4 STARS (my husband wasn't home to vote) since my kids and I all devoured it as dip for faux chicken nuggets and dressing for my salad!

Dill Ranch Dressing

1/2 block of tofu
2 T-ish vegenaise (vegan mayo)
1 t rice milk
1/2 big pickle
dash garlic
seasoning salt
pepper

Blend everything in blender or food processor or whatever you have to use.  I used my magic bullet.  The texture is glorious!  Looks just like ranch!  You can use more pickle or less depending on how "dilly" you want it to taste.  I fed it to my pregnant sister and she loved my very-dill version :)  

1 comment: