Thursday, June 14, 2012

Easy Amazing TVP Chili

Let me start my first post by saying that I have amazing cooks in my life.  My mother being the first one that comes to mind.  I have never been one of those people that enjoyed cooking....maybe that is because watching my children WHILE preparing a meal feels like climbing Mt. Everett sometimes.  Just today my two year old "fed" the fish in the aquarium some soy milk!  Having said that, the recipes that I create may appear as if they are missing the meticulous steps found in a cookbook.  Frankly, I don't even have time to read all that, let alone be thinking that hard while I cook and "hold down the fort".  So here it goes:  I made this recipe from cans and in no time!

EASY AMAZING TVP CHILI

1 onion, diced
1 clove of garlic
water ( enough for a couple inches in pan)
2 cans white beans
2 cans red beans
1/3 can tomato sauce
1/2 t chili powder
1 1/2 t boullion (whatever kind you have or want)
1 c. TVP
salt and pepper to taste

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil or water.  Once barely browned, cover with water.  Stir in boullion until dissolved.  Add beans and remaining ingredients.  Let simmer for 30 mins or so to let flavors blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment